The Ipad will not replace a laptop but it will give a net book a run for it's money.
A laptop has an optical drive to play DVD's and run CD Roms
A netbook does
A laptop has USB ports and often a webcam
The Ipad does not have these items and with the exception of a webcam for video conferencing these are all pretty old technologies.
Movies are now ripped (using handbrake) and streamed or downloaded (using Vuze) or on demand from Itunes, Hulu plus and Netflix.
The Ipad does have a very useful SD/card and USB adapter that has been proven to work with other devices. I am often traveling at a fast pace all I need to do is grab my Ipad and Iphone4 and their chargers. No need to grab webcams DVD's and USB hubs and flash drives.
Each week better word processing tools are being introduced as an Ipad app such as Icloud, Google docs and Apples trio of apps. I use keynote.
I love the fact that I need not remove my device as I clear TSA checkpoints and 10 plus hours of battery life is better than my old Asus/Acer net books. Logmeins free service clinches the deal by letting access my Mac from my Ipad with full function minus the audio and Gotomypc's service as the audio for about 170.00 a year.
If You are using the iPad with built in 3G you have a fine GPS system too and the voip applications make using the iPad a wonderful tool for conference calling too, but I suggest an AD2P Bluetooth. No need to take your Kindle simply transfer all your books to the Kindle app.
Nope it won't replace one but you will notice that you will rarely have to take a laptop with you while on the road and you can leave a lot more devices at home.
-- Post From My iPhone/Ipad
Twitter News
Voiceactivator, wow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment